The BPIR6 is part of a family of controllers designed to provide energy saving when used with quartz infrared halogen lamps or other heating and lighting products. The ‘P’ model has a built in PIR sensor allowing the lamps to automatically switch on only when people are present. In addition to the PIR, a temperature sensor monitors the outside temperature and inhibits the lamps when the temperature exceeds a pre-determined set point of between 5°C and 25°C.
• The microcontroller-based system incorporates zero-voltage switching and a soft-start function to eliminate the lamps’ initial high inrush current – potentially increasing lamp life by as much as 30%.
• The lamps are switched on for a user-settable time period of between 1 and 60 minutes. This period is reset each time the PIR detects any further movement. Installation of the unit is simple and once installed is relatively maintenance-free.
• Energy saving – only provides heat when people are present.
• Extends lamp Life.
• Temperature Sensor – lamps inhibited when ambient temperature exceeds set point.
• Soft-start/zero-voltage switch-off.
• Easy to install.
Applications: patio areas, smoking shelters, restaurants, warehouses, workshops and garden lighting.